What do I do with a cash bill if it is torn or has pieces missing?

If a bill is torn or rough around the edges, you can deposit it as usual. However if any critical information such as the bill’s serial number, year, date, etc. is missing, we cannot accept the bill. Visit the Bureau of Engraving and Printing’s Mutilated Currency Redemption page to learn how to mail your bill in exchange for an intact replacement.