Frequently Asked Questions
Here you’ll find answers to our most commonly asked questions. Day or night, you can find answers here!
Signing up for online statements is simple and easy!
- Log into online banking or our mobile app.
- On desktop click on Online Statements under the Additional Services tab.
On mobile click the More tab and select Online Statements.
- Select Go Paperless.
- Click continue and start getting your statements digitally!
Online statements are available from the start of your membership for up to 18 months.
Depending on when you first sign up for online statements, you may still receive one last paper statement.
You can transfer money to other Horizon members directly through online / mobile banking, but you can also send money to (virtually) anyone using PopMoney just as easily! Just select the “Move Money” tab in online / mobile banking to get started.
Do you have friends, family members or acquaintances at Horizon? Send them money instantly! Add them once in online banking and you can send money to them anytime.
- In online banking, go to the Move Money tab and click on Send money to member. On the mobile app, select Make a Transfer
- Click Add a Recipient and enter the following information: the recipient’s first 3 letters of last name, their member number, the account type and the account suffix (which can be found in online banking by selecting Account Details, then Account History)
- Then send money just as you would between your accounts!
Send Money to (Almost) Anyone
With PopMoney you can send money from your account to friends and family, even if they don’t bank at Horizon. It makes splitting the dinner bill, paying the babysitter or chipping in for gas even easier!
- In online banking, go to the Move Money tab and click on Make a Transfer. On the mobile app, select Make a Transfer
- Enter either your recipient’s email address, mobile phone or bank account
- Enter the amount to send and from what account you want to send it from
- Confirm the transaction and your money will be on its way!
Click here for more information.
- A revolving line of credit (like a credit card, without the card)
- Access the money in branch, online or in the mobile app as you need it
- The rate is adjustable, but portions of the line of credit can be fixed
Secure mail in online banking requires that you have a log in for online banking. The secure messaging platform does not.
Our accounts are set up per membership. This means that each member number has a separate login (username and password) for online banking. To connect accounts first log in to online or mobile banking then select Add External Accounts, then Add An Account. Search for Horizon then enter the username and password of the account you want to link. After verifying your identity via phone or text, your accounts will be linked!
Yes! You can easily add your accounts under your main membership.
- In online banking, select Add External Accounts or click on the Money Management tab.
For mobile, click Add External Accounts or select the More option and click Money Management.
- Select Add An Account and search for Horizon Credit Union. Enter the username and password of the additional account you want to link to your primary account. You will be asked to verify your identity via phone or text.
That’s it! Your account will then populate within Money Management and on the main accounts screen below your accounts on your main membership.
We will never ask for personal information such as your debit card, social security number etc. via email or text. As your credit union, we already have this information on record. If we notice potential fraud on your account a member of our Fraud Department will contact you by phone. Any unexpected texts or email asking for personal information should be treated as spam.
To notify us about potentially fraudulent activity call us at 800.852.5316.
Because confidential credit union information may be contained in emails with vendors, we require that our vendors use the secure platform as well.
Yes! By logging in to the secure messaging platform, you are helping protect your personal information.
Nope! This service is entirely free.
Yes! All messages sent to you via secure mail will be available to you until you delete them.
Yes. The link in the email will only be valid for 182 days. However, messages are archived and available until you delete them.
Didn’t find what you need?
If you did not find an answer to your question above send us a message and we will get back you with an answer as soon as we can.