Frequently Asked Questions
Here you’ll find answers to our most commonly asked questions. Day or night, you can find answers here!
We’re sorry you’re experiencing some road bumps. First try clearing your cache. Doing this will refresh site data stored on your device with the latest version.
To clear your cache, follow the instructions provided by your browser of choice: Edge | Safari | Firefox | Chrome
If the problem persists contact us and we’ll be glad to help!
A check hold is a waiting period of one to several days. Financial institutions use a check hold to make sure the check writer’s bank account has the funds available and can pay the deposited checks. After a check “clears,” the check hold can be lifted and applied to your account. This means that if the check ends up not clearing, you’re saved from accidentally spending funds you don’t actually have.
- Emergency fund
- Home improvement
- Consolidate bills
- And more!
If a bill is torn or rough around the edges, you can deposit it as usual. However if any critical information such as the bill’s serial number, year, date, etc. is missing, we cannot accept the bill. Visit the Bureau of Engraving and Printing’s Mutilated Currency Redemption page to learn how to mail your bill in exchange for an intact replacement.
New money means money that has not been previously deposited to the credit union. This means that any funds currently on deposit at Horizon Credit Union cannot be used to open a certificate when new money is required.
This is a great option for things like withdrawing cash, transferring money, making a loan payment, inquiring about a new product / service and performing any transactions you can through the lobby or night drop.
Applying online is easy and only takes 5 to 10 minutes!
The information needed to apply varies depending on what type of account you want to open.
All applications require:
- Identification (such as driver’s license, passport, state ID, etc.)
- Current physical and mailing address
- Social security number and date of birth
- Financial information (such as your gross monthly income and credit / debit card information or account information)
Already a member? Log into online banking and your name, contact information and address will prefill for you!
- If you’re applying for a deposit account, select your eligibility based on our membership requirements. Click here to see if you qualify.
- Loans – you’ll need the following:
- Personal loan: Purpose of loan
- Vehicle loan: Information on the vehicle such as year, model, make, etc.
- Home equity line of credit: Information on your current home loan including amount requested, term, loan purpose and estimated property value, along with your current balance and 2nd mortgage, if applicable
After submitting your application you will receive an email confirmation from Horizon. We will contact you shortly afterwards.
Please note: in some instances, it may take up to 2 business days to process an application.
A certificate of deposit (CD) is a savings account where funds are held for a predesignated period of time. Over the duration of the certificate, you earn dividends on the amount deposited. You cannot access your funds during the term of the certificate without incurring a penalty but these account types typically earn higher dividends than other savings accounts!
A travel notice is an alert you provide to your financial institution that you will be traveling outside of your usual area. This prevents our anti-fraud systems from flagging your transactions as potential fraud. You can submit a travel notice in multiple ways:
- Sending us a secure message through online / mobile banking
- Visiting your local branch in-person
- Calling us at 800.852.5316
Our routing number is #325182506. You can find this at the top of any page on our website!
Online banking is where you log in to manage your accounts, view account information, transfer money, etc. The Horizon informational website is where you can find information on the products and services we offer.
You can withdraw up to $1000 from ATMs and $2500 from ITMs.
Didn’t find what you need?
If you did not find an answer to your question above send us a message and we will get back you with an answer as soon as we can.